Yes, shipments sent through myFastway can be easily returned to you by your customers. This feature can be enabled via your myFastway account, which will allow customers to initiate a return by simply entering a few details.
Once enabled, all you have to do is provide your customer with a link, where they will be directed to the myFastway website to initiate their return. Your customer will not need to sign up for a myFastway account.
How do I enable this returns feature?
To enable your customers to initiate their return:
- Log in to your myFastway portal
- Navigate to the Administration tab and then select Options
- Check the box to ‘Enable customers to return items’
- Enter the number of days you would like to set as the return period to allow your customers to initiate the return. This is calculated as the number of days from the day it is delivered.
- Simply provide your customers with the following link, to use when they would like to initiate the returns process:
How does my customer initiate a return?
Your customer can initiate a return at: https://myfastway.com.au/returns/#/returns/create
- Your customer will be prompted to enter the label number of the item they would like to return, along with their postcode and email address. Their label number can be found on the package they received, as well as the email notifications they will have received upon delivery of their parcel. This may also be referred to as a tracking number.
- Once details are entered, your customer should select Find.
- Next, your customer should select the item they would like to return, and click Return Selected.
- This will generate a new label for your customer to use to return their item. They will receive an email with their labels, or they can also download their labels directly from the browser.
- To send their parcel on its way, your customer simply has to affix the label to their parcel and set a collection time to arrange for their local courier to pick it up. Please note, the parcel will be collected from the original delivery address.
How does my customer set the collection time for the pick-up of their parcel?
Once your customer has initiated the return, they will receive an email with a link directing them to myFastway where they can set their collection time, as well as view or update the pick-up date and cycle. (Our couriers generally operate over two cycles a day, AM and PM.)
The link in the email is valid for 48 hours by default, however you can adjust this in your Options tab. Copies of the returns label will also be included on this email.
To set the collection time on behalf of your customer
You can view the consignments under the View Recent tab. Once you have selected the consignment that you would like to arrange pick-up for, select either the Next Available or set the Preferred Date and cycle for the pick-up.
Once you have set the date, it will be displayed against this consignment. You can change the date and cycle by selecting Change Collection Date.
If you would like to resend the confirmation email to your customer, so they can update the collection time, simply select Resend Confirmation Email.
One of our friendly local couriers will arrive to collect the item on the agreed date to be brought back to you.